At Tribe Archipelago, we appreciate the great community of photographers that use our presets everyday. It’s incredibly satisfying to see our work become a part of someone else’s identity. That’s why we want to showcase the work of our members and share with you the amazing images they create everyday. This article is the first one of a series about these talented photographers who bring our presets to the next level.
Liam Rimmington is an English photographer based in Sheffiled, UK. If you are part of our Facebook group, you have probably seen his image on the cover of the group. His work is very modern and neat, and we absolutely love his editorial work.
1. Can you tell us more about you? Where are you from? What do you shoot?
Hi I’m Liam and I’m from Sheffield in the north of England. I started out with photography around 4 years ago, mainly shooting nature at the time, but a year and a half ago I started shooting portraits and very quickly fell in love. I decided a couple of months ago to turn my passion for photography into a profession, I’m still working full time in retail and try to shoot as much as possible on my days off, but I hope to make this my full time career one day.
2. What is your favorite lens to shoot with?
My favourite lens has to be my Sigma 35mm f/1.4, I’m pretty much shooting with that 90% of the time. I moved to a full frame camera in January, so adoring being able to shoot wide environmental portraits. I do have to give a shout out to my Canon 85mm f/1.8 which is awesome lens and is what I use the other 10% of the time, but I’d love to upgrade that to the f/1.4 version in the future.
3. Can you tell us how you have incorporated the Tribe Archipelago presets in your workflow? and what is your favorite pack to work with?
The Tribe Archipelago presets were a real eye opener for me, before using them I’d constantly find myself hunting through packs and packs of presets trying to find something close to what I wanted, and still finding the need to tweak them heavily to achieve the look I wanted. With Tribe Archipelago presets it’s almost always 1-click and done! The LXC pack is the only one I own right now, but those presets are mind blowing, I think it’s the muted highlights I love the most about them.
4. If you could photograph a wedding or do a shoot anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could shoot anywhere in the world it would probably have to be a stylised portrait shoot in Iceland, think over the top outfit, smoke bombs and dramatic scenery!
5. What is your favorite quote?
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen
6. Do you have a recommendation for a book or a music album that you think people should know about?
An album that I can’t stop listening to right now is Rituals by Other Lives, the perfect relaxed soundtrack to an editing session.
Thanks so much for your time Liam! You can see Liam’s work here: